Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bake Off

I was busy in the kitchen for Valentine's Day. I made 4 dozen sugar cookies for Tyson to take to work (Martha Stewart's Ideal Sugar Cookie Recipe, of course) To my surprise, they turned out just fine. I baked them for 7 minutes instead of the recommended 10 so they were nice and fluffy. I must be getting better at baking - I did not burn a single one. I did make a giant mess, so that hasn't changed.



We stayed in on Monday and I made swiss fondue (Gruyère + Jarlsberg) in my new fondue pot. My Mom gave it to me last year at a bridal shower, so I've been wanting to use it for a long time. You fill the outside pot with hot water and then set another tempered glass pot inside with the cheese so it is heated evenly. The fondue stayed creamy and smooth the entire time.






Now it's time to get busy in the gym after all this food... :/

No comments: